NEIGHBORHOODS NEAR AND FAR SPANISH PROGRAM
Concepts attach to the themes of places to live, places to work, and places to learn. Sequential units are:
- Looking at Our Neighborhood
- Identifying Neighborhood Needs
- Exploring Neighborhood Maps
- Exploring Globes
- Looking at Our Country
- Looking at Our World
- 15 Amigos del Barrio atlases. Bird’s-eye views make intuitive interpretation easy, captioned photographs "people" the maps, and cartoon characters ask questions requiring critical thinking. Also includes age-appropriate U.S., world, and continent maps. 8½" x 11". 48 pages. 2015 edition.
- 1 teacher’s guide (Spanish edition) with step-by-step lesson plans in English and with photocopy masters in Spanish for reproducible handouts. 290 pages.
- 1 literacy library with 12 age-appropriate Spanish-language fiction and nonfiction trade books and correlated cross-curricular activities expands the curriculum while developing literacy skills
- 6 nine-inch globes (with cradle mounts) emphasizing the continents
- 30 laminated, markable, double-sided desk maps (11"h x 17"w) showing business and residential neighborhoods
- 30 laminated, markable, double-sided desk maps (11"h x 17"w) showing the U.S. and the world
- 2 laminated, markable wall maps (33"h x 50"w) matching the desk maps showing business and residential neighborhoods
- 1 laminated, markable, double-sided floor map (26"h x 38"w) of two neighborhoods, plus 20 model buildings to use with the floor map
- 30 fine-tip markers, 4 wide-tip markers
- 1 cart to organize and store all components
The Spanish-language edition of the Nystrom Block Buddy atlas corresponds page for page with the English version, ideal for helping English language learners keep pace with key content. Throughout the atlas, text and place names on the maps are in Spanish; the program’s desk maps, wall maps, and globes remain labeled with English place names, stimulating dual-language mastery. The teacher’s guide supplies detailed lesson plans in English, student handouts and answer keys in Spanish. The literacy libraries offer Spanish fiction and nonfiction books that are equivalent to their counterparts in the English program, plus lesson plans with directions in English. Available separately, a SPANISH MODULE comprising 15 Spanish-language atlases, the Spanish edition of the teacher’s guide, and the Spanish-language literacy library can be added to the English Neighborhoods Near and Far program to convert an English program into a bilingual program.
This title is part of the series: NEIGHBORHOODS NEAR AND FAR SPANISH PROGRAM