THE YAHOO! STYLE GUIDE
The Ultimate Sourcebook for Writing, Editing, and Creating Content for the Digital World
By Chris Barr and the Senior Editors of Yahoo! The rapid growth of the Web has meant having to rely on style guides intended for print publishing, but these guides often do not address the new challenges of communicating online. This essential sourcebook—based on internal editorial practices developed by Yahoo! writers and editors over 15 years—examines Web style for writers, editors, bloggers, and students. With topics that range from the basics of grammar and punctuation to Web-specific ways to improve writing, this resource will help students:
- Shape text for online reading
- Construct clear and compelling copy
- Write eye-catching and effective headings
- Develop their website’s unique voice
- Streamline text for mobile users
- Optimize Web pages to boost chances of appearing in search results
- Create better blogs and newsletters
- Learn easy fixes for writing mistakes
- Write clear user-interface text
Grades 7 and up. Selected bibliography. Index. St. Martin’s Griffin. 512 pages. ©2010.
View the table of contents for this title
Quantities are limited.