KING ARTHUR AND MEDIEVAL BRITAIN
Connect with a representative to create a custom curriculum for your district.
Five programs investigate the life and world of the storied king and help separate fact from fiction.
- Quest for King Arthur examines the facts behind the story of King Arthur and traces the contemporary quest by researchers to establish if the sixth-century warlord truly existed
- King Arthur: His Life and Legends interweaves the mythic history of Arthur with the history of Arthurian myths, doing justice to both by demonstrating that the myths our culture creates about Arthur may be ultimately more important than whether or not those myths are grounded in fact.
- Ancient Mysteries: Camelot looks at several versions of the King Arthur story, examines the historical impact of the Camelot story and the concept of chivalry, and sifts through the archaeological evidence in England and Wales linked to Arthurian legends.
- Knights and Armor traces the history of weapons and armor through an up-close look at the famous Graz collection of Armor in Austria, and discusses what these reveal about chivalry and combat in medieval England.
- Quest for the Holy Grail speculates whether this scared relic has survived as a hidden treasure or could possibly be one of the ancient vessels displayed in museums throughout the world.
Quantities are limited.
7 and up
Total time: 315 minutes